Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Uncommon common-sense

"Use your common sense!" These are words I will always be grateful my mama always shouted at me. I strongly believe the lack of common sense or better, the lack of use of common sense is the root of failures in life. Almost every and any human being can tell you the principles of success, but why are they not successful. People know that it is important to be focused on the important things of life, but they spent the bulk of time on things that don't add value. People know that money should be spent wisely but they'll spend their limited money on things that they don't really need--the lack of common sense. I once met three friends arguing bitterly over what a jaguar looks like. I laughed when I saw them because they had a computer, with an encyclopedia and they even had mobile phones that could browse the Internet, but here they where arguing. I pointed out that they had the means of getting the answer, for Christ sake use the computer and get the answer and stop arguing!!! They checked for the right answer on the encyclopedia and that ended their argument. You should have seen how silly they looked, they were really ashamed of themselves because they knew they failed to put their common sense to use. Initiative is to show you got common sense. We should not wait for special events or opportunities before we give our best into things we should do. We don't need people to tell use to do the right things all the time. Let's take the initiative and do what has to be done, the right way. People who do the common right things consistently end up with uncommon succeeds. Successes are not common because majority fail to take initiative.

6 comments:

  1. I agree. People would rather argue than learn the facts. Sadly, common sense is becoming lost in our society these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm. Thanks for the comment. It's the reality of life it's so pitiable but almost everyone is guilty. There are times we say, "To hell with common sense, lets have some fun." then we get into trouble and wish we followed our common sense. I believe we all have a story like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog checkout mine on

    http://www.onjokes.blogspot.com

    feel free to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing me your thoughts. I usually listen to people when they have different ideas from mine. Maybe they are making more sense on the issues than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These words are very strong and quite true. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.